J-adventures bla bla
praising, ranting, raving all about me being here. To read any further you must hereby understand, the following is an expression of my opinions and feelings at the moment of posting. It does not necessarily reflect my veritable mindset.

Disable iOS4 multitasking without re-jailbreaking!


Owner of a iPhone 3G I was curious about the new feature loaded iOS4 from the Jobs overlord.

Having scoured the interweb for the info to update and jailbreak my phone again.
I had enormous trouble updating the standard way. So I tried a restore/update for 3G phones
Restoring will cause you to lose all data. Backup before hand.

Jailbreaking with redsn0w 0.9.5b5-4 worked like a charm, except for the loss of my data link. No browsing the net or SMS/MMS.
Re-jailbroke it with redsn0w 0.9.5b5-5 and now truly it worked like a charm.

Full backgrounds and multitasking...
I tried this set-up for a day and found it PAINFULLY slow and would crash if I was listening to music while wanting to send a email with picture attachment!

I wanted out of the multitasking non-sense. But to re-jailbreak again was a serious pain in the arse!

Then I remembered that there was a way to enable multitasking before redsn0w sis everything for you. editing some file... from icantinternet

Find and copy the .plist file N82AP.plist to somewhere on your Mac. Next, make a backup of the plist file. Once this is done edit the file with your favourite text editor (I use TextWrangler or Smultron to make two new entries into the .plist file under the capabilities key:

<key>multitasking</key>

<true/>

<key>homescreen-wallpaper</key>

<true/>


Wanting to return my phone to a decent working order, YET keep my background.. I used iPhoneBrowser and went in to change the N82AP.plist (by "save as" to my desktop then editing the file in a text editor. Instead of "true" changing the value to "false" then by selecting "replace file" in the iPhoneBrowser to overwrite the original file)

Once done, turn off phone.. upon reboot all should be the way you want it.

So no need to re-jailbreak it all the time. Just edit the files.
 

2 comments so far.

  1. Anonymous Fri Mar 18, 11:01:00 am GMT+9
    THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING THIS!
  2. Anonymous Mon Jun 17, 06:35:00 pm GMT+9
    Unfortunately, iPhone doesn't have a trash bin in which you can recover deleted photos from iPhone. If you accidently delete photos on your iPhone, you may meet iPhone Photo Recovery .

    iPhone Photo Recovery is professional application that can help you extract iPhone file and get all of photos back if you deleted your cherished photos by mistake. And it works well with iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS. Not only this program enables to retrieve deleted phtos from iPhone, but can recover Messages, Contacts, Call History, Calendar, Notes, Reminders, Safari Bookmark directly from iPhone 5/4S.

    There are two ways for you to restore deleted photos from iPhone: "Directly scan and recover photos from your iPhone", or "scan and extract your iTunes backup file" to get photos back. Next, let's check detailed below:
    1. recover deleted photos from iPhone 5
    2. recover deleted photos from iPhone 4S
    3. recover deleted photos from iPhone 4
    4. recover deleted photos from iPhone 3GS

Something to say?